I’m a Birmingham based printmaker and arts facilitator, specialising in a variety of processes including mono print, etching and Collagraph. My work is inspired by many subjects, history, disability, identity and the natural environment.
Recently I have been working on new bodies of work the first inspired by my own family history and the second creating portraits of people whose life experiences I was personally moved by.
I have a particular interest in making art accessible to all audiences and I am constantly seeking out innovative ways to achieve this.
A large part of my practice is my relationship with materials and the tactile nature of the different processes. I actively encourage people to physically engage and connect with my work, however due to Covid-19 restrictions I have sought new ways to engage with audiences which has led me to incorporate sound and video in my work taking it in new and unexpected directions.
I often include or refer to the lived experiences of other disabled people in my art, and this becomes a collaboration of their narrative and my artwork. Creating disability awareness through art is an important part of my practice and as part of my research I am currently working on a series of interviews with disabled artists, organisations and galleries, looking at perspectives of disability.
I have exhibited regularly in the UK, as listed below and with thanks to grants from Arts Council England and the Emergence Bursary Programme from 2017 I have worked internationally whereby I was an artist in residence in Canada, and as a result my work developed significantly and a new colour pallet and style emerged. As part of my practice, I enjoy opportunities to collaborate with other artists and organisations.
In summary I want my work to be as unique as the landscapes and the individuals that continue to inspired me.
If you would like to know more about me and my art work please feel free to contact me.
Fae Kilburn, printmaker.
-Windows of the soul, Moorfields eye hospital, Oct 2022 Date TBC
-Patterns and Shapes Exhibition , Yellow Edge Gallery 2021 date TBC
-The Hive Silent History Exhibition March- July 2021
- Outside in Featured artist, Sep-Dec
- Sunbury Shores resident artists June 2020 Exhibition Digital due to Covid
- Artist in Residence Sunbury Shores Print studio April= May 2020 postponed
- Tate exchange March 21st 2020 Postponed
- Winter Exhibition Sunbury Shores Gallery Canada
= Turning Tides Exhibition Sunbury Shores Canada
- Dash Exhibition Sunbury Shores Gallery
-Artist in Residence Sunbury Shores print studio Canada
-Coventry Open, The Herbert Gallery
-Beyond War Visualising Peace, Beaney Museum Canterbury
- Rugby Open Exhibition, Ruby museum & art gallery
- Lichfield Art Fair
- A Letter In Mind. Oxo Gallery London, Brain appeal Charity exhibition
- Direct Art Action, Open Exhibition Sutton Coldfield
- Sensing Culture Exhibition, Rochester Cathedral
- RBSA Friends Exhibition
- Kingsbrae Gardens, Canada
- KIRA artist in residence, Canada
- Direct Art Action, Sutton Coldfield,
- Shape Open, Collective Influence, The Art Pavilion, Mile End London
- RBSA Open Media Exhibition
- Behind the smile exhibition, Bank Mill studio Derby
- The Power of the object, Canterbury Beaney Museum,
- The 70,273 project exhibition. Rochester Cathedral
- Liverpool Museum, Resident artist
- Direct Art Action Open exhibition, Sutton Coldfield
- RWA 165th Open , Bristol
- Bankside Gallery, London. National Original Print Exhibition
- Moseley Open studios
- RBSA Friends exhibition
- Tight Modern, Creative Future, Art in digital frames, Aspex gallery Portsmouth,
- Tight Modern, Creative Future, Art in digital frames, Redbridge library, Ilford,
- Tight Modern, Creative Future touring exhibition, Art in digital frames, Eccelston library,
- Liverpool, Haydock library, Liverpool, St Helens central library, Liverpool.
- Tight Modern Creative Future, Art in digital frames, Jubilee library Brighton.
- Barber institute of fine arts, Disability awareness exhibition, Birmingham.
- Rugby World Cup (collaborative Lino print), Newcastle library.
- Purple launch event, Cannon place London.
- RBSA friends exhibition, Birmingham.
- Woodbridge gallery Moseley, Beneath the surface group show.
- Shape open 40th year, London.
- Woodbridge Gallery Moseley, Print exhibition.
- The World Rugby museum Twickenham London, Worlds longest Lino print.
- Wolverhampton museum and art gallery, Disability awareness exhibition.
- The Barber Institute Birmingham, Disability awareness exhibition.
- RBSA gallery Birmingham, Friends exhibition.
- Birmingham institute of fine art, Print exhibition.
various exhibitions across the Uk.